Damex is looking to hire someone who is passionate about numbers and being involved in a business working in digital ledger technology (cryptocurrencies and blockchain).
Your role will be very varied and cross-functional within the company. You will be working closely with experienced and qualified Financial Accountants who manage the company’s financial and regulatory reporting. Previous knowledge and experience of accountancy and bookkeeping is desired, ideally with relevant education and/or work experience in the field. The applicant doesn’t need to understand everything about financial accounting or crypto markets as the CFO will be able to guide. Expect to be practical and hands-on!
It is an incredibly unique opportunity to be part of Damex that has already become a global market leader in its category, achieved commercial success and is yet small enough so you can make a big contribution!
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to embark into professional development and AAT/ACCA.
- Previous work experience as a Finance Assistant, Junior Accountant or similar role an advantage.
- Good understanding of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Good MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions) and Google (email, drive, sheets, etc).
- Familiarity with an accounting software (Xero preferable but not absolutely required).
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.
- Update postings with daily transactions
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assist the CFO with cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- Participate in the annual audit process
- Provide administrative support
Competitive salary plus study support to enable you to grow professionally and other benefits.
A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, at a foundation level and get to build yourself in a successful financial accountant.
A unique opportunity to join a high growth local regulated firm within a dynamic environment.